Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years

At this time last year my sister and I were galavanting around Guatemala. New years eve was spent joining the town of San Lucas Toliman in celebration with ancient Mayan dancing and crazy fireworks, visiting children's schools in Panajachel, eating mouth watering tamales, shopping in Antigua, getting car sick on long bus rides and just enjoying a holiday in a different country and culture all together. It was one to remember.

These past 2 years I have done way more traveling than I could have ever imagined. I really couldn't have asked for more. Once I started getting that anxiety that I needed to go somewhere - a trip was right around the corner. Then on top of that I found the man of my dreams. Could 2010 get any better? Lets hope so.

The video below was from our hotel balcony on New Years day. And those in Guatemala City were still in full swing celebration mode with their fireworks. When things died down, the volcano decided to erupt - leaving our year in a bang.

Also see this post

No comments: