Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dominican Republic

So if I were to have it my way I'd currently be in the Dominican Republic with my sister doing ambassador/mission work with Airline Ambassadors. All the connecting flights to Florida were completely booked because of the holiday weekend so I had to let this opportunity slip by.

We would have arrived in Santo Domingo, headed over to Santiago, visited orphanages, distributed goods that filled up the extra space on the airliner, hung out with youth baseball teams, visited plantations, met with the first lady to discuss current issues, and tour the dumps of Cien Fuego that youth dig through daily for food and supplies to live on.

I realize I wasn't meant to go this time around but I look forward to the next opportunity. It would have been yet another great eye opening experience and I send my prayers to those that are there right now.

2 comments:

Nomadic Matt said...

My friends just came back from DR doing relief work. Not that helps you in anyway but I just thinks it's funny you're going and they came back..

Nomadic Matt said...

My friends just came back from DR doing relief work. Not that helps you in anyway but I just thinks it's funny you're going and they came back..