Tuesday, May 25, 2010

CFCA: Little Fernando

I had the opportunity to work a few tables at a Christian Foundation for Children & Aging sponsorship event. And guess what? By the end, I was sponsoring a little boy from México. I knew I wouldn't be able to bear working the table and seeing all the many folders of unsponsored children. So, we are now the new Godparents of this little 2 year old boy: Fernando Daniel CobarruviasEstrada from the village of Nezahualcoyotl. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be meeting this little guy soon.

The event ended up a great success. We were able to get 116 children sponsored all in one morning with the help of Fr. Jerry Beat (the priest who introduced me to missions/travel). I was kinda surprised by the number, it was a good 3 digit number! CFCA has also made it even more personable to sponsor a child. On their WALK2GETHER site you can now see photos of the kids needing sponsored and can specify locations and birth dates, if you so wish. Even if you don't think you have the funds to sponsor a kid for $30 a month, I dare you to just try it and you will naturally get something in return. I have been doing it for almost 10 years now and even when my income was low, I have never regretted it.

Visit their main page here: www.cfcausa.org
Or visit the sub site here: www.walk2gether.org

1 comment:

Steven Roll said...

Congratulations on your sponsorship. It's a very noble endeavor. In the end, I bet you'll get as much out of it as Fernando does.